Cash & Stock Controller
30 November 2019
Cash & Stock Controller
Cara Pharmacy is a progressive, independent, vibrant pharmacy group consisting of sixteen stores located throughout Ireland in Counties Donegal, Sligo, Cavan, Leitrim, Fermanagh, Longford ,Galway and most recently in Dublin and Cork. Our business is twofold and is primarily divided into Pharmacy Services and Retail. We also have a an award winning online store and a Cara Home store.
The Cash and Stock Controller is responsible for ensuring that:
- shrinkage (stock and cash) is minimised throughout the business (Retail and Dispensary), and
- stock holding is minimised across all locations.
Stores - stock
- Store direct orders to suppliers: These must be verified through stock controller based on existing stock levels in the stores. Stock controller ensures appropriate PO approval is obtained (based on thresholds)
- Ensure that all supplier GRN’s are received locally by the stores on the stock system.
- Follow up on queries from stores in relation to unit costs/quantities on orders/deliveries directly to the stores. Ensure all appropriate credits are received.
- Ensure that all stock transfers to/from other stores are updated in both locations.
- Follow up on any discrepancies on stock transfers
- Monitor and control all stock adjustments /wastage
- Maintain budget control on monthly purchases for the stores in relation to OTC/Dispensary orders to our main wholesalers.
- Coordinate regular inventory counts and cycle counts.
- Regular reporting on stock holding and number of days stock
- Identify slow moving stock and recommendations to clear same.
- Develop SOP’s as required for stock throughout the business.
Stores – cash controls
- Work with finance to review cash differences and get explanations from stores.
- Aim to reduce cash differences in all stores
- Use tools to audit cash differences and unusual cash entries
- Carry out spot checks on cash in stores.
- Develop SOP’s as required for cash controls
- Work with the Purchasing Manager in relation to forecasting supply and demand and existing stock levels in all stores.
- Liaise with the purchasing team to develop min/max stock holding policies across critical items
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS)
- Ensure all financial documents are transferred to Finance department for warehouse – matched PO/Delivery/ Invoice as well as any credit note claims.
- KPI’s for stock issued to Finance for final monthly pack
- Weekly and monthly stock reports by location (CBE and McLernons/Realworld)
- Monthly stock turnover by store / department and comparison to target
- OOS reports for key lines and actions being taken
- Weekly/ Monthly cash differences by store
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller, Inventory Manageror similar role
- BSc in Logistics, Business, Administration or relevant field
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. LS Retail, Microsoft Nav or CBE) and Microsoft office
- Ability to work well in a team and across different locations
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to take full ownership of the role and be hands on
- Ability to manage large quantities of stock
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
How to Apply
Please apply with cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.