Diclac Relief 1% w/w Gel
Diclac belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which are used to treat pain and inflammation.
Diclac Relief Gel can be used topically to treat pain and inflammation in:
• Localised forms of soft tissue rheumatism
• Trauma of tendons, ligaments, muscle and joints e.g. due to sprains, strains and bruises
Choose from 30g, 50g or 100g Tubes
- It is important to use the lowest dose which adequately controls your inflammation/pain and for the shortest possible period of time.
- Never exceed the recommended dose.
- Do not take by mouth.
- Be careful not to get the gel into your eyes. If this happens rinse your eyes with clean water and tell your doctor.
- Diclac Relief Gel must be applied to intact skin and not be rubbed into open wounds, cuts or any other area where the skin is abnormal.
- After rubbing the gel into the skin, do not cover with bandages or sticking plaster.
Adults and children 14 years and over
Diclac Relief Gel should be rubbed gently into the skin around the painful or swollen area. Depending on the size of the site to be treated, 2-4 g (a circular shaped mass approximately 2.0-2.5cm in diameter) should be applied 3-4 times daily. After application the hands should be washed unless they are the site being treated.
You may notice a slight cooling effect when you rub the gel into the skin.
Children aged 14 years and over:
If this product is required for more than 7 days for pain relief or if the symptoms worsen the patient/parents of the adolescent is/are advised to consult a doctor.
Older people tend to be more at risk of the side effects of NSAIDs, so it is particularly important that older people use the lowest possible dose of Diclac Relief Gel which is effective.
What Diclac Relief Gel contains:
– The active substance is diclofenac sodium.
– Each 30 g of gel contains 0.3 g diclofenac
sodium. The other ingredients are
alpha-tocopherol (copherol F1300), carbomer (carbopol 980NF), decyl oleate,
2-octyldodecanol, lecithin (phospholipon 80), ammonia solution 10%, disodium edetate, perfume oil “verte de crème”,