Imodium Instants 2mg - 12 tabs
Imodium Instants 2mg Orodispersible tablets 12’s are the fastest dissolving tablets for effective diarrhoea relief. They dissolve instantly on your tongue, with no need to take with water. They are specially designed to provide fast relief when you’re on-the-go.
- Fast and convenient relief – can stop diarrhoea in under 1 hour
- Fastest dissolving tablets for effective diarrhoea relief
- Dissolves instantly for on-the-go relief, with no need to take with water
- Also suitable for IBS related diarrhoea (age 18 years & over)**Following diagnosis by your doctor
Initial: 2 tablets. Then 1 after each episode of diarrhoea.
Cautions and Warnings:
- Treatment of diarrhoea with loperamide HCl is only symptomatic. Whenever an underlying etiology can be determined, specific treatment should be given when appropriate.
- Imodium is not a substitute for rehydration therapy. In addition to taking Imodium, the patient should be advised to drink plenty of fluids such as water, clear soup and squash.
- Patients should be advised to consult their doctor if diarrhoea persists for more than 24 hours.
- Loperamide should be used with caution when hepatic function, necessary for the drug’s metabolism, is defective as this may result in relative overdose leading to CNS toxicity.
- Patients with AIDS treated with Imodium Instants for diarrhoea should have therapy stopped at the earliest signs of abdominal distension. There have been isolated reports of toxic megacolon in AIDS patients with infectious colitis from both viral and bacterial pathogens treated with loperamide hydrochloride.
- Antimotility agents such as loperamide may precipitate ileus and toxic megacolon in patients with ulcerative colitis, and should be avoided in severe acute attacks. It may be used cautiously in mild or less severe attacks as an adjunct to other measures, but should be discontinued promptly should abdominal distension or other untoward symptoms occur.
- The stated dose should not be exceeded.
Loperamide hydrochloride 2 mg per tablet.
Excipients: Each tablet contains 750 micrograms of Aspartame (E951).