Imodium LiquiRelief 2mg Soft Capsules 12 tabs
IMODIUM® LiquiRelief is the only* capsule which provides effective diarrhoea relief in a soothing liquid capsule. The liquid gets to work fast, slowing down an overactive bowel, which helps the body absorb more of its needed water and salts. By having more water absorbed into the body, less fluid is passed in stools and diarrhoea can be relieved within 1 hour, restoring your body’s digestive rhythm. In addition to this, the soothing capsules are small and easy to swallow, meaning you can achieve relief discreetly and easily.
- Provides Effective diarrhoea relief in a soothing liquid capsule
- Fast and effective-can stop diarrhoea in 1 hour
- The small capsules are discreet and easy to swallow
- Flavour free
Initial 2 capsules. Then 1 after each episode of diarrhoea. Do not take more than 5 capsules in any 24 hour period.
Cautions and Warnings:
- Treatment of diarrhoea with loperamide HCl is only symptomatic. Whenever an underlying etiology can be determined, specific treatment should be given when appropriate.
- Imodium is not a substitute for rehydration therapy. In addition to taking Imodium, the patient should be advised to drink plenty of fluids such as water, clear soup and squash.
- Patients should be advised to consult their doctor if diarrhoea persists for more than 24 hours.
- Loperamide should be used with caution when hepatic function, necessary for the drug’s metabolism, is defective as this may result in relative overdose leading to CNS toxicity.
- Patients with AIDS treated with Imodium Instants for diarrhoea should have therapy stopped at the earliest signs of abdominal distension. There have been isolated reports of toxic megacolon in AIDS patients with infectious colitis from both viral and bacterial pathogens treated with loperamide hydrochloride.
- Antimotility agents such as loperamide may precipitate ileus and toxic megacolon in patients with ulcerative colitis, and should be avoided in severe acute attacks. It may be used cautiously in mild or less severe attacks as an adjunct to other measures, but should be discontinued promptly should abdominal distension or other untoward symptoms occur.
- The stated dose should not be exceeded.
Each soft capsule contains 2 mg Loperamide Hydrochloride. Also contains Soya Lecithin.